- 5 Digit SMS Numbers are also known as SMS Shortcodes in South Africa e.g. 45 776;
- SMS Shortcodes can be ‘owned’ / ‘rented’ from SMSsouthafrica as “Shared” or “Dedicated”;
- Short Codes can be used for building your contacts database, promotions, enquiries, surveys, mobile coupons and more;
- They allow customers and prospects to contact your business instantly and
- “Keywords” allow easy information-on-demand services within your advertising.
- “Dedicated” means the 5-Digit SMS number is for your exclusive use, and is not shared with other users;
- Unlimited keywords can be associate with a dedicated shortcode;
- Every message sent to a dedicated shortcode will go to your account;
- Ideal for medium to “heavy duty” users.
- “Shared” means that many people share a 5-Digit SMS Number;
- Everyone has a unique “keyword” linked with the shared shortcode;
- Respondents SMS your keyword and a message to the shortcode number;
- The keyword sent in the SMS identifies the enquiry as being for you;
- Any texts sent to the short code with your keyword will be forwarded on to you;
- Ideal for light duty users;
Practical Example – Shared Shortcode
- You apply for an SMS Keyword of your choose through your account e.g. “FASTPAINT”;
- We set-up your shared short code (45 776) and Keyword on your account;
- You add your SMS and/or Email response for everyone who sends you a message;
- You add your Keyword (and instructions) to your print media, advertising, etc.
- Customers SMS your Keyword “FASTPAINT” and any info you have requested to “45 776”.
- All information, including the cell number of customer is stored in your account for download, and emailed to you.